Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First Blog!

Hello, NFTY-TOR!



My name is Bari Eichelbaum from SHFTY (in Dallas) and I am SHFTY's SAVP. I wanted to start a website to make known some foundations and organizations so it will make incorporating social action into local (and regional) programs much easier!



My goal is to have as many blogs up as possible, hopefully every day. But, as I'm sure you all know, it's hard enough to keep a journal every day, so please forgive me if I'm MIA for a day or two!



The blogs will consist of a featured charity, a link (for optional additional information), a summary of the charity and possible program ideas to help you kick-start your way to social action.





SOOOO without further ado, the issue of the day:


World Hunger

Heifer International

Works to end world hunger by giving cows, goats, and other income-producing livestock and agricultural goods to poor families around the world.

Give Donations:

$500 - heifer; $50 - share of heifer

$250 - water buffalo; $25 - share of water buffalo

$150 - llama; $20 - share of llama

$120 - sheep, goat, or pig; $10 - share of sheep, goat, or pig

$60 - trio of rabbits

$30 - bees, beehive, and training kit

$20 - group of ducks, geese, or chickens

http://www.heifer.org

No comments:

Post a Comment